Posts by Sharehann Lucman:
RE: Deadline of Application for CPE and Graduate Studies
Please take note of the new deadlines:
* Submission of application for CPE: April 26, 2021 For more information on requirements and procedures, please visit: https://educ.upd.edu.ph/certificate-in-professional-education/
* Submission of application for graduate studies: April 30, 2021. For more information on requirements and procedures, please visit: https://educ.upd.edu.ph/graduate-2/
Re: Lenten Break
Please be informed that queries and requests we receive via email on the afternoon (12:00 PM) of Wednesday, 31 March 2021 (half-day) and this Lenten break (01 to 04 April 2021) will be attended to on Monday, 05 April 2021.
Wishing you a blessed Lenten season and a Happy Easter!
Enjoy the long weekend and keep safe!
Following the announcement of Malacañang placing the highly urbanized cities of the National Capital Region, and the municipality of Pateros together with the provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal under the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) (IATF Res. No. 106-A) and Updated UP Diliman Post-ECQ Guidelines (dated 24 March 2021), the Office of the College Secretary will implement a WORK FROM HOME (WFH) arrangement effective 29 March (Monday) to 17 April 2021 (Friday) and until revised.
We encourage everyone who needs to transact with the Office of the College Secretary to do it online through its email addresses posted.
The Office of the College Secretary will try its best to attend to your concerns despite the limitations and challenges brought about by the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), current surge in COVID-19 cases, and the spread of new variants. However, please do understand that not all transactions are possible during the alternative work-from-home arrangement period.
Thank you and stay safe.
As per instruction stipulated in OVCSA Memorandum No. LRS-2021-008 dated 04 March 2021, students “who have excelled academically and brought honor and prestige to the University” will be awarded certificates during the 2021 Parangal sa Mag-aaral ceremonies. In this connection, all student achievers who received national and/or international awards are requested to furnish this Office by sending through email a scanned or electronic copy of proof of citation or certificate of award/recognition (for verification purposes) on or before Friday, 23 April 2021. You may send your proof of citation or certificate of award/recognition at email@example.com with the subject: 2021 Parangal sa Mag-aaral Student Achievers. The Office of the College Secretary will consolidate the lists of achievers and submit the same to the OVCSA.
Please attend to this concern promptly, so we can meet the deadline set by the OVCSA. Thank you.
Me & My Jowa?: Isang Webinar Tungkol sa Relasyon, Karahasan at Consent
Marso 25 (2:30 – 4:00 nh) via Zoom at Facebook Live. Mag-register lamang dito: https://forms.gle/RvtLbjUHiPSbyWr36
The Faculty of the UP Diliman College of Education seeks one full-time Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Studies or Literacy Education.
POSITION: Assistant or Associate Professor of Social Studies/Literacy Education
DIVISION: Division of Curriculum and Instruction
INSTITUTION: College of Education, University of the Philippines-Diliman
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 16 April 2021
START OF TEACHING: First Semester AY 2021-2022
- Must have a master’s or doctoral degree in Social Studies Education or Literacy Education (or closely related fields) from a reputable university
- Must have a combination of basic and tertiary level teaching experience
- Must have the capability to teach a variety of Social Studies/Literacy Education courses
- Must have the capability to teach National Service Training Program (NSTP)
- Experience in community engagement and literacy teaching is an advantage.
DUTIES OF HIRED APPLICANT
The selected applicant is expected to perform the following duties: (1) teach NSTP: (a) facilitate sessions on NSTP Common Modules, (b) coordinate with different units within the University to provide content inputs on selected modules, and (c) manage the implementation of the community engagement programs with the help of the assigned NSTP staff; (2) teach other related courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels; (3) advise graduate students who are writing their thesis or dissertation; (4) serve as thesis/dissertation critic or panel member; (5) serve in Division, College, and University committees; (6) attend faculty meetings regularly; (7) maintain active research agenda as documented through publications and presentations; (8) render extension (community) service; (9) develop and update syllabi for courses to be taught; and (10) other duties and responsibilities related to the position.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
- Letter of intent describing his/her qualifications including research accomplishments and/or plans
- Curriculum vitae (include contact information of current and last two employers, if any)
- College and graduate transcript of records (original copies may be retrieved if application does not prosper)
- Recommendation letter and contact information (mobile number and/or email address) of three references
Address application to:
JEROME T. BUENVIAJE, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Education
U.P. Diliman, Q.C. 1101
EDWEHNA ELINORE S. PADERNA, Ph.D.
Chair, Division of Curriculum and Instruction College of Education
U.P. Diliman, Q.C. 1101