Waiver of Charges and Fees under RA 11261 (First Time Jobseekers Act)
Republic Act (RA) 11261, or the ‘First Time Jobseekers Assistance Act’, was signed into law on 10 April 2019 with the objective of ensuring and improving the accessibility of government services and employment for first-time jobseekers. Through this law, government fees and charges, including those collected by State Universities/Colleges (SUCs), shall be waived if the documents requested are required in the employment application of first-time job seekers.
In compliance with RA 11261, the Office of the College Secretary is implementing this law subject to the following guidelines:
With consideration to the specific stakeholder groups of the University, the scope of its implementation is defined and operationalized as follows:
- First-time job seekers shall include the following:
- UP Graduates (pre-baccalaureate diploma, undergraduate, basic education);
- UP Students who have not yet completed (“working students”) or on leave of absence (LOA) from their programs who intend to work;
- Other individuals whose first job/employment shall be at the University.
- Waiver of Fees and Charges. Services for which fees and charges shall be waived include:
- True Copy of Grades (TCG)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Note: Fees and charges shall be waived only ONCE and only for ONE (1) COPY of each document. Subsequent requests and/or additional copy/ies shall incur charges or fees.
B. Proof of Eligibility
The barangay where the first-time jobseeker is a resident of has the primary responsibility of ascertaining the eligibility of the individual. The requirement to process the request is a barangay certification.
A barangay certification, signed by the Punong Barangay or the authorized officer, shall be issued to an individual only if he or she is:
- A Filipino
- A first-time jobseeker
- Actively looking for employment
- A resident of the barangay issuing the certification for at least six (6) months
The validity of benefits under this law is one (1) year from the issuance date of the barangay certification.
C. How to avail?
The first-time job seeker must submit a scanned copy of the original barangay certification upon his/her College Clearance application through firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional inquiries, you may call the Office of the College Secretary at 89818500 local 2817 or 09157945628. You may also email it at email@example.com.
You may access the full OVPAA and OVPA JOINT MEMORANDUM NO. 2021-04 here.