The application for the Remitly Cares scholarship program is now open! This covers the period from September 2023 to January 2021. The application period will end on August 31, 2023.
Here is the link for the application for new applicants: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RemitlyAug2023-FormB
Current scholars will receive a separate application form via e-mail.
The Jocson Assistance for Students of Eduk (JASE) is offered by RJ and Cez Jocson, both alumni of UP Diliman and UPOU, in celebration of their 20 years of marriage and as gratitude to their Alma Mater.
Two UP College of Education BEEd/BSEd students will be awarded Php 5,000 in the 1st Semester of AY 2023-2024.
If you are in your sophomore year and have a GWA of 2.0 or better, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Mr. and Mrs. Jocson
We hope to receive your applications by 14 August 2023, Monday.
The deadline of applications for the TeachSTEM Scholarships has been extended until November 30, 2022. Detailed information and the application link are found in the following links:
UP College of Education (UPCED) is accepting applications for DOST full-time and part-time scholarships and grants for the following courses:
MAED Biology Education
MAED Chemistry Education
MAED Environmental Education
MAED General Science
MAED Mathematics Education
MAED Physics Education
PHD Biology Education
PHD Chemistry Education
PHD Mathematics Education
PHD Physics Education
Privileges of DOST Grants/Scholarships
1. Research Grant (up to PhP 89,000 for master’s and PhP 289,000 for Ph.D.)
2. Dissemination Grant (up to PhP 75,000 for master’s and PhP 100,000 for PhD; local or foreign)
1. Full-time Scholarship:
Monthly Stipend (PhP 25,000 for master’s and PhP 33,000 for doctorate)
Book Allowance (PhP 10,000 per semester)
Transportation Allowance (depends on location)
Research Allowance (PhP 50,000 for thesis and PhP100,000 for dissertation)
2. Part-time Scholarship:
Thesis Allowance (PhP 50,000)
Qualifications and Procedure for DOST Scholarship
For 2nd Semester AY 2021-2022 Applicants:
Major Qualification: Must have been admitted to UPCED in any of its programs for Math and Science Education
1. Check the DOST website on CBPSME Scholarship for other qualifications and requirements: https://sei.dost.gov.ph/index.php/programs-and-projects/scholarships/postgraduate-scholarships#graduate-scholarships.
2. Email all documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 15, 2021.
(Note: Medical Certificate may be submitted at a later time.)
For 1st Semester AY 2022-2023 Applicants:
1. Apply for graduate studies for the first semester of AY 2022-2023. Check the UPCED website (https://educ.upd.edu.ph/) and Facebook page regularly for announcements on requirements and deadlines.
2. Upon receiving the Notice of Admission from UPCED, check the list of qualifications and requirements posted on the DOST website under CBPSME Program: https://sei.dost.gov.ph/index.php/programs-and-projects/scholarships/postgraduate-scholarships#graduate-scholarships
3. Email all required documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aside from the abovementioned scholarships and funding opportunities, the University of the Philippines also has financial assistance schemes to students through subsidies provided by the National Government. Here are the financial assistance programs of the University:
1. Socialized Tuition (ST) System
The ST System gives tuition discounts based on the assessed paying capacity of the student’s household. The assessment takes into consideration the household’s income and other socio-economic characteristics.
The list of available scholarships can be found here: http://ovcsa.upd.edu.ph/student-services/osg/
3. Student and Graduate Assistantships
Students may support their studies by working as student assistants. Research projects and other similar academic activities may require the services of student assistants. Priority is given to students with the required academic background and qualifications. Graduate student assistantships are available to graduate students who demonstrate satisfactory academic work.
For more information on these scholarships and grants, please visit this page: https://upd.edu.ph/students/scholarships-and-grants/