APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE SHIFTING
REQUIREMENTS FOR SHIFTEES (within the College & from UPD units)
- GWA of 2.5 (from UP Diliman units)
- Must have earned 30 academic units or more
- Letter of Intent addressed to the College Secretary
- True Copy of Grades (TCG) – 1 original and 1 photocopy
- Latest 2×2 ID pictures – 4 copies
- Short brown envelope
- Accomplished Shifting / Transfer Application Form and OCG pre-assessment Questionnaire
- Three reference reports from former College Professors: https://educ.upd.edu.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/reference_report_undergrad-shifting_transferring.pdf
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
- Zero passing from previous semester
- Applicants on LOA, AWOL and with MRR Status
1. Accomplish the Undergraduate Shifting / Transfer Application form (may be downloaded: https://educ.upd.edu.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Revised-Shifting-Transferring-Application-Form.pdf) and OCG pre-assessment questionnaire (may be downloaded: https://educ.upd.edu.ph/resources/).
2. In a short brown envelope, submit to the UP College of Education – Office of the College Secretary (via drop box or through courier) the following documents together with the completed shifting / transfer application form:
- 2.1. Letter of Intent addressed to the College Secretary (Dr. Jaclyn Marie L. Cauyan). Indicate the major / program applied for and reason for shifting. Below your signature, write your contact no. and email address.
- 2.2. One (1) original and one (1) photocopy of True Copy of Grades (TCG) properly authenticated and signed by the College Secretary and/or SREs. TOR or TCG must be complete up to the last term of schooling.
- 2.3. Four (4) latest copies of 2×2 ID picture. Write your full name at the back of each pictures.
- 2.4. Three reference reports from former College Professors: https://educ.upd.edu.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/reference_report_undergrad-shifting_transferring.pdf
3. Wait for the email message to be sent by the Office of the College Secretary for the receipt of your documents and for your schedule in the evaluation process.
4. Strictly follow the schedule assigned by the College regarding admissions activities. The screening process is done on an appointment basis in compliance with Memorandum from the Executive Secretary “On Stringent Social Distancing Measures and Further Guidelines for the Management of the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation”.
DEADLINES FOR UNDERGRADUATE SHIFTING for 2nd Semester 2020-2021
- Deadline of application for shifting (within the College and UPD units): January 29, 2021
- Deadline for transferring (from other UP units and other schools and universities): Not applicable
- Online Teaching Aptitude Test: February 3, 2021
- Career Assessment Test/Counseling: By appointment with the Office of the Counseling and Guidance within the year
- Online Interview: February 05, 2021
Applications submitted beyond the deadline will no longer be accepted.
Important Reminder: Before applying for shifting, please take note of the following:
- The College is working on a tight schedule. Since the submission of grades is on January 22, 2021, applicants are given one week to work on their requirements.
- Results will be released within the 3rd week of February 2021.
- Students who will be accepted in the program will have one-year probationary period. They should maintain a grade of 2.5 or better per semester (based on UP CEd Retention Policy) and should only take subjects prescribed in the program of study/curriculum checklist.
*Application for shifting for 2nd Semester 2020-2021 will only be allowed this AY 2020-2021 as per UPCEd Faculty decision (June 15, 2020).
*For further inquiries, kindly call UP College of Education – Office of the College Secretary (OSec) at (8)981 8500 loc. 2807/2817 or email at email@example.com
Office of College Secretary
College of Education
Benitez Hall, Roxas Avenue
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City