Instructions for authors
Thank you for choosing to submit your paper to us. These instructions will ensure we have everything required so your paper can move through peer review, production and publication smoothly. Please take the time to read and follow them as closely as possible, as doing so will ensure your paper matches the journal’s requirements.
- PJES publishes papers in English (American variety) and Filipino.
- For the title, use bold Times New Roman font size 12. Capitalize any proper nouns and do not use a period at the end of the title
- Authors of a paper should have contributed substantially to the intellectual content of the paper such as the conception, design, development, analysis and critical writing. Once submitted, it will be assumed that all co-authors are accountable for their contributions, have agreed to the final version of the paper, and to its submission to PJES.
- All headings should use Times New Roman font size 12. Capitalize the first letter of proper nouns. To distinguish the levels of the headings, the following are the guidelines:
- First-level headings (e.g. Introduction, Conclusion) should be in bold.
- Second-level headings should be in bold italics.
- Third-level headings should be in italics.
- Fourth-level headings should be in bold italics, at the beginning of a paragraph. The text follows immediately after a colon (:).
- Fifth-level headings should be in italics, at the beginning of a paragraph. The text follows immediately after a colon (:).
- Times New Roman Font size 12 with double spacing should be used for the abstract, acknowledgements, main body of the article.
- The abstract should be on the separate page. The PJEs abstract is structured and should use the following sections/headings:
- Introduction (Brief conceptual bases, Purpose and Research Aims, Significance);
- Methodology (Design and key methods used);
- Results (Findings addressing the research aims), and
- The acknowledgements portion for funders and grant-giving institutions of the research/study. The following statement may be used: This work was supported by the [Funding Agency] under Grant [number xxxx]. Additionally, this is where collaborators who gave permission for third-party content can be acknowledged.
- Keywords help readers locate your article. Supply 5 keywords for your paper.
- Referencing and citations, and the format of tables and figures should follow APA 7th edition guidelines. Use Times New roman font size 12 for these as well.
- Margins for all pages of the paper should be at least 2.5cm (1 inch).
- Tables and figures should be appended at the end of the paper after the references. However, the placement or location of the tables and figures should be explicit in the manuscript by writing [INSERT TABLE/FIGURE X HERE].
- Explicit permission for third-party content such as photographs, pictures, texts (ie, stories/poems/songs), videos and similar materials must be submitted together with the manuscript.
- The PJES follows the guidelines articulated in the American Psychological Association 7th Publication Manual for formatting the manuscript, tables, figures, citations and references of scientific and scholarly publications. For additional information, you may refer to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BD__SxQF01CesYJHXDfizDmte8EB7NG4/view?usp=s haring
- Articles may be submitted using the following link: https://forms.gle/RKpYrJcmSRXNeadL9
- PJES does not accept paper submissions. If assistance is needed to submit a paper, authors may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. for assistance or inquiries.
- All fields of the submission form must be answered unless it is not relevant for which the answer should be NA.