Per Memorandum No. PDLC 17-21A from the UP Office of the President dated 31 July 2017, below are the guidelines on tuition and other fees assessment collection for 1st semester/trimester of AY 2017-2018.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) issued the following Joint Memorandum Circulars (JMCs) in May 2018 governing the grant of tuition subsidy:
- JMC 2017 -1A: Amended Guidelines on the Grant of Free Tuition in State Universities and Colleges for Fiscal Year 2017 on Free Tuition 2017
- JMC 2017-4: Implementing Guidelines for the Cash Grants to Medical Students enrolled in State Universities and Colleges, pursuant to the Special Provision applicable to SUCs, RA 10924, also known as General Appropriations Act of FY 2017
The Tuition Subsidy given under the above-enumerated JMCs shall be in addition to the financial support being extended by the UP System to qualified students.
In the assessment of tuition and other fees, and in providing financial support to students from low-income households, UP shall use the Socialized Tuition System for AY 2017-2018.
In the implementation of the tuition subsidy and financial support, the following guidelines shall be observed during the registration period for Undergraduate Students including students of Law and Medicine, in the 1st Semester/Trimester of AY 2017-2018:
- A student desiring to avail of the tuition subsidy or financial support has to submit a duly accomplished application form together with the required supporting documents. Pending decision on his application, his enrollment shall be processed until assessment of all payable tuition and other fees. Decision on his application shall be released days before 25 August 2017.
- For graduate students and non-applicants for subsidy or financial support, their enrollment shall be processed and they may pay the assessed tuition and other fees immediately.
- Deadline for payment of tuition and other fees shall be on 25 August 2017.
These guidelines shall cover tuition and other fees assessment and collection during the registration period for 1st semester/trimester of Academic Year 2017-2018 only.
This Memorandum supersedes all previous issuances.
For your guidance and compliance.
Danilo L. Concepcion