ADMISSIONS: GRADUATE PROGRAMS (MA/PHD) DEADLINES:
First Semester AY 2019-2020
Second Semester AY 2019-2020
|Deadline for filing of application forms with the required documents||
November 26, 2018 (Monday)
June 10, 2019 (Monday)
|Doctoral Admission Test in Education (DATE)||
March 6, 2019 (Wednesday)
September 4, 2019 (Wednesday)
|Master’s Admission Test in Education (MATE)||
March 7 & 8, 2019 (Thursday & Friday)
|September 5 & 6, 2019 (Thursday & Friday)|
Master of Arts in Education The MA in Education is a graduate program geared basically for professional advancement of teachers and education personnel. Master’s level students are required to take and pass the Master’s Admission Test in Education (MATE). After meeting the test qualification, they are admitted provisionally if they meet the following performance requirement:
- For full-time students, completion of at least 9 units during the first semester of enrolment with a general weighted average of 2.00 or better.
- For part-time students, completion of at least 9 units during the first year of enrolment with a general weighted average of 2.00 or better.
Doctor of Philosophy in Education The PhD in Education is a research degree conferred in recognition of a candidate’s command of a broad field of academic and research knowledge and of his ability to initiate, organize, and pursue the investigation of an original problem which is based upon or contributes to the field of education. Applicants to this degree program must have a general weighted average (GWA) of “2.0”, “B”, “86”, or better in the undergraduate level or “1.75” or better in the master’s level. Doctoral students are required to take and pass the Doctoral Admission Test in Education (DATE) before they are admitted provisionally for a period of one-semester course work or its equivalent, after which said credits are evaluated. For formal admission to the doctoral program, a student must have a grade of 2.00 or better for each subject and a general weighted average of 1.75 or better. A PhD student must also pass a doctoral comprehensive examination before enrolling for dissertation writing. Documents needed to support application:
- Original and two (2) photocopies of Official Transcript of Records (undergraduate and graduate work, if any) with any of the following remarks: “FOR FURTHER STUDIES”, “ISSUED UPON REQUEST”, or “FOR BOARD EXAMINATION”. (All other remarks are not accepted by the University)
- Two (2) sets of accomplished application forms:
- Official receipt of payment of a non-refundable application fee of Php700.00 (for Filipino applicants) or US$30.00 (for Foreign applicants) paid to the UP Cashier, UP Diliman, Quezon City, Trust Fund Account No. 9786600-499-450.
- Two (2) reference reports from former professors and one from current/immediately one (1) current/immediately previous employer download here.
- Five (5) copies of 2″x2″ recently taken picture (not computer scanned nor photocopied)
- Original plus one (1) photocopy of PSA (Philippine Statistics Authority)-issued Birth Certificate.
- Original plus one (1) photocopy of PSA (Philippine Statistics Authority)-issued Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Self-addressed, stamped letter (mailing) envelope (SASE)
- Permit to study from employer (if currently employed)
- One (1) long folder
- Official copy of the result of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination (for foreign applicants whose native language or whose medium of instruction is not English).
- Passing the entrance examinations (Master’s Admission Test in Education [MATE] or Doctoral Admission Test in Education [DATE]).
- Interview by Program Advisers.
- Medical Certificate issued by the University Health Service (once admitted in the program).
Financial Requirements Tuition is set at PhP 500.00 per graduate unit; miscellaneous fees at PhP 1,015.00 (for regular semester) and PhP 615.00 (for the summer term); entrance fee deposit of PhP 130.00; student fund at PhP 46.50. These fees are subject to change. International Students All international students, immigrants as well as non-immigrants, should secure a study permit from the Department of Education (DepEd) through the OVCSA, Office of the International Students Program, Vinzon’s Hall, UP Diliman. Non-citizens of the Philippines pay the Education Development Fee (EDF) of US$ 500 every semester and US$ 200 during the summer term.
FOR INQUIRIES, please contact: The College Secretary Tel. Nos. (632) 9207815, 9818500 local 2807/2817 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org